The book has an outstanding design and a great printing quality. It has lots of screenshots and diagrams to offer less theory and more results.
It follows the Beginner's Guide approach...
- Clear step by step instructions for the most useful tasks
- Learn by doing - start working right away
- Leave out the boring bits
- Inspiring, realistic examples give you ideas for your own work
- Tasks and challenges to encourage experimentation
I explain the real advantages and trade-offs of each threading alternatives to exploit multicore and multiprocessor technologies.